Pages

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Warning Very Graphic


I am stunned. I am appalled. There aren't enough adjectives to describe my outrage. I want to vent. I want to commentate on the cruelty by dissecting the words of those in power who let the suffering go on and went to the theater, bought $7000 shoes, laughed, smirked, or had fund raisers while the people suffered and died alone, abandoned in the wake of hurricane Katrina.



I remember the somberness of 9/11. I remember people putting aside differences. I remember the National Gard arriving in New York the day of the attacks. That has all changed now. While I admit that racism surely played a part in the inaction our federal government used to murder those by apathy, I think it is more indicative of class and poverty.



The World Trade towers were the rich and powerful. Those left to suffer the aftermath of Katerina were not. They were those too poor or too weak to flee. They were those who had nothing else but what they had there in their homes, most without vehicles to flee with. I have so much anger, and so much information to back my anger I can't even organize it, much less blog about it ALL. My last post was made up (aside from 2 sentences) completely of the quotes of others, because I simply can't sort my outrage.



Should I tear into Barbara Bush's "Let them eat cake" comment? Should I voice solidarity with Kayne West for breaking script to illustrate the hypocrisy of "All Men are Created Equal?" Should I point out that Bush took the money needed to protect the citizens on New Orleans and diverted it to his war for oil? Should I post how fucking Halliburton has the reconstruction contracts, or how the oil infrastructure was 50% repaired by the time the relief showed up (how humane)? I am just at a loss where to start, where to lead to, or where to end. I am left with only a conclusion.












Bush Playing Guitar at a Photo Op (stupid smirk included) on 8/2/2005 Before his First Photo Op Among the Dead and Dying Indigent of the Gulf States




I want to post just links to stories that effected me, and hope you all see what I do, such as the miracle of a pack of 7 children who survived against the odds. But I won't. If you cared enough to watch this tragedy you will have seen the same things I saw. I hope you realize what this means to you in U.S. if you are not filthy rich. You suffer, and die, and no one cares. Oprah today showed corpses and bodies, hopefully waking people up to what the federal government, what YOU elected, has allowed to happen. It is no longer other countries who die to the disdain of the rich in power, it is us now.



And of course there are those who say it was a natural disaster. Well the hurricane didn't do nearly as much damage as the aftermath did. The hurricane happened on Monday, the relief and buses and food and water and medics and national guard arrived on FRIDAY!!!!!



I am sorry for what I am about to show you, but life is real and there are consequences to the decisions people made this week. Thank Ogrish.com for showing the world what our politicians would just assume we not see.

Rest in peace everyone I am about to show, and I hope your deaths serve the noble cause of exposing the lying, murdering evil vile son of a bitches who allowed this to happen. I have more respect for you and you have more dignity even in death than most of our leaders in the federal government do, and I so hope this is a wake up call.




















"The guy who runs this building I'm in, emergency management, he's responsible for everything. His mother was trapped in St. Bernard nursing home, and every day she called him and said, 'Are you coming, son? Is somebody coming?' And he said, 'And yeah, Momma, somebody's coming to get you. Somebody's coming to get you on Tuesday. Somebody's coming to get you on Wednesday. Somebody's coming to get you Thursday. Somebody's coming to get you on Friday' - and she drowned Friday night. She drowned on Friday night,"

"Nobody's coming to get her, nobody's coming to get her. The secretary's promise, everybody's promise. They've had press conferences - I'm sick of the press conferences. For God's sakes, shut up and send us somebody."

Aaron Broussard
President of Jefferson Parish
Meet the Press




I just don't have any explanation for how certain people can sleep at night knowing what they have done (or not done). Those rich bedsheets must have an added feature that clears ones conscience.



EDIT: My GF has brought my attention to THIS ARTICLE that draws attention to when the media loses its cool and stops being objective, and starts advocating humanity. I caught a few of these "outbursts" and was profoundly moved by them, including the Anderson Cooper moment which I quoted on my last post. Kudos to the media for forcing the federal government into doing what they didn't want do, didn't care about, or figured wasn't their problem. I am usually in support of an unbiased media, but extreme cases call for extreme measures and some in the media rose to the occasion. I thank them with all my heart.



EDIT #2: The U.S. government doesn't want you to see the dead bodies, which is honestly why I have chosen to show them. They want to hide from the reality of their decisions. Well it is more real seeing the dead that were killed by inaction than hearing the sterile numbers 10,000 dead. Or maybe it is hard to sleep seeing the humans behind their cruelty. Either way, I have posted, will be leaving them up, and will post more. They should be given no solace for the crimes they have perpetrated on the innocent. Peace be with those of you who didn't need to see the bodies to understand the horror the U.S. Federal government perpetrated on their own citizens.





Special thanks to http://www.flickr.com for hosting my photos.

1 comments:

clyde said...

From what I can gather from the tv news here, it is going to be tough pinning the blame of this disaster (that is the delayed relief, not the hurricane) onto any one person, including Bush, because of the way the US govt system works. Is it the President's fault? The Governor? Or the Mayor? I would really like to believe social class and poverty has nothing to do with it and Im sure investigations will be done and questions asked. But alas, I fear they will all go unanswered as in the 9/11 investigation.

 

Search This Blog

Flickr

Special thanks to http://www.flickr.com for hosting my photos.

copyright © 2005-2011 The Artist Known as Mulch 

There was an error in this gadget

Thanks for Stopping By!